Home of the Reach & Wash® System.
WorkSafe: Safe Work Method Statements
What it contains
There are 19 specific activities defined as high-risk construction work (HRCW). This document advises employers and self-employed people how to prepare a safe work method statement (SWMS) for these activities to ensure workers’ safety on construction sites.
- which 19 activities are classed as HRCW
- what is an SWMS
- who is responsible for preparing an SWMS
- what an SWMS must include and how it should be stored
- how to reduce or eliminate risks for HRCW
- additional duties related to SWMS
At the end of the document, there is a sample template you can use to prepare your SWMS.