Home of the Reach & Wash® System.
WorkSafe: Using Powered Mobile Plant Near Overhead Assets
How to reduce or eliminate serious workplace health and safety risks when using powered mobile machinery and equipment (mobile plant) near overhead electrical assets.
What it contains
Operating powered mobile plant (mobile plant) near overhead electrical assets poses many serious workplace health and safety risks, including electrocution, electric shock and burns. This guidebook outlines no go zones (NGZ) rules when operating mobile plant near overhead electrical assets.
- an employer’s occupational health and safety duties for workers near electrical assets
- the NGZ rules and how they apply
- how to complete a prestart site assessment
It also contains:
- a permit to work flowchart
- a diagram reflecting NGZ on work near pole-mounted assets (overhead powerlines on poles)
- a diagram reflecting NGZ on work near tower-mounted assets (overhead powerlines on towers)
At the end of the document, you’ll also find a list of terms used in this document and what they mean.